The hamlet of Tisens stretches down a southward slope to the west of Kastelruth. St Nicholas´s Church stands in the middle of the community, and its pointed tower defines the village´s general appearance. Tisens was mentioned for the first time in the urbarium (register of fiefs) of Count Meinhard II of Tyrol. The first written mention of the church , together with other filial churches in the Parisch of Kastelruth, was in 1353 in connection with the granting of an indulgence. It was expanded and given a vaulted ceiling in the 16th c. According to the inscription on the western gable, the roof´s framework was altered in 1712, and the furnishings were supplemented and restored under Dean Bamhack. around 1880. The wooden-shingle roofing was renewed in 2019.
From Kastelruth or Seis in the direction of Waidbruck, then turn left to Tisens.
Bus line 177 runs all year round. Tickets can be purchased on the bus.
January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December