The impressive castel stands above Waidbruck / Ponte Gardena. Interesting interior, patly with original furniture. An exhibition shows the life of Oswald von Wolkenstein. Trostburg is a ministerial castle from the 13th century with fortifications and other expansions dating from the 15th and 16th centuries. The idyllic appearance of the castle residence with defensive characteristics is however marked by constructions of the Renaissance (1594-1632). Between 1385 and 1967, the castle enthroned above Waidbruck was the possession of the Counts von Wolkenstein-Trostburg; today, it is the property of the Südtiroler Burgeninstitut (South Tyrolean Castle Institute). While it can still be saved from falling into ruin, Trostburg remains for the most part, through circumspect and reserved maintenance measures, in its original condition. An important attraction is the magnificent Knight's Hall with its coat-of-arms adornated coffered ceiling. Of special beauty is a triple-domed Gothic room. The chapel and the various entertainment room are also attractions. The storm piles and the wrought-iron gate (Fallgitter) present a castle rarity, as do the largest wine press of the South Tyrol and the display "Castles - History's buildings" with 86 models of South-Tyrolean castles.